Centrifuge is widely used in the chemical, petroleum, food, pharmaceutical, mineral processing, coal, water treatment, and shipbuilding sectors. In ancient times, people used one end of a rope to tie a clay pot, hold the other end of the rope, and rotate the pottery. The pot produces centrifugal force to squeeze the honey out of the clay pot. Industrial centrifuges were born in Europe. For example, in the middle of the 19th century, three-foot centrifuges for textile dehydration and top-suspended centrifuges for separating crystalline sugar in sugar mills appeared. The machines are all intermittently operated and manually discharged. After the slag unloading mechanism was improved, a continuous operation centrifuge appeared in the 1930s, and the intermittent operation centrifuge also realized automatic control and developed.
1.When using various centrifuges, the centrifuge tube and its contents must be precisely balanced on the balance in advance. The weight difference during balance shall not exceed the range specified in the manual of each centrifuge. Each centrifuge has different rotors. For their respective allowable differences, an odd number of tubes cannot be loaded in the rotor. When the rotor is only partially loaded, the tubes must be placed symmetrically in the rotor so that the load is evenly distributed around the rotor.
2. To centrifuge at a temperature lower than room temperature. The rotor should be placed in the refrigerator or placed in the rotor room of the centrifuge to pre-cool before use.
3. Do not leave at will during the centrifugation process, and observe whether the instrument on the centrifuge is working properly at any time. If there is any abnormal sound, stop the machine for inspection immediately and troubleshoot in time.
4. Each rotor has its own higher allowable speed and cumulative use limit. When using the rotor, please refer to the manual and do not use it at excessive speed. Each rotor must have a use file to record the accumulated use time. If the rotor's higher use limit is exceeded, the rotor must be used at a reduced speed.
5. When loading the solution, proceed according to the specific operating instructions of various centrifuges, and select suitable centrifuge tubes according to the nature and volume of the liquid to be centrifuged. Some centrifuge tubes have no caps, and the liquid should not be packed too much to prevent centrifugation. Throwing out will cause the rotor to be unbalanced, rusty or corroded. The centrifuge tube of a preparative ultracentrifuge is often required to be filled with liquid to prevent the upper part of the plastic centrifuge tube from sinking and deforming during centrifugation. After each use, the rotor must be carefully checked, cleaned and wiped dry in time. The rotor is the key part of the centrifuge that needs to be protected. Be careful when moving, and avoid collisions to avoid scars. When the rotor is not used for a long time, you must Coated with a layer of glazing wax for protection. It is strictly forbidden to use centrifuge tubes that are significantly deformed, damaged or aging.
1,When the centrifuge is in the pre-cooling state, the centrifuge cover must be closed. After the centrifugation is completed, the rotor should be placed upside down on the test bench, and the remaining water in the cavity should be wiped off. The centrifuge cover is open.
2. When the rotor is pre-cooled, the rotor cover can be placed on the platform of the centrifuge or placed on the experimental bench. It must be tightened and floated on the rotor, because once it is started by mistake, the rotor cover will be Will fly out and cause an accident!
3. After the rotor cover is tightened, there must be no gap between the rotor and the rotor cover with your fingers. If there is a gap, unscrew and re-tighten the centrifuge until it is confirmed that there is no gap.
4. During the centrifugation process, the operator must not leave the centrifuge room. Once an abnormal situation occurs, the operator cannot turn off the power and press STOP. Before pre-cooling, fill in the centrifuge usage records.
5. Do not use fake or inferior centrifuge tubes, and do not use aged, deformed or cracked centrifuge tubes.
6. You can leave after the last routine safety inspection using the centrifuge during holidays and evenings.
7. If there is a machine failure during the use of the instrument, and the parts are damaged, please contact us in time.
At present, Electric Centrifuges are commonly used in laboratories. Because of their fast rotation speed, pay attention to safety. In particular, prevent the centrifuge from moving while working due to imbalance or aging of the test tube pad during the operation of the centrifuge. When the test bench fell off, or the centrifuge tube was broken due to vibration due to the uncovered lid, glass fragments spun out, causing an accident. Therefore, when using the centrifuge, you must pay attention to the following operations:
(1) Cotton or test tube pads should be placed at the bottom of the centrifuge casing.
(2) If the electric centrifuge is noisy or the body vibrates, the power supply should be cut off immediately, and the fault should be eliminated immediately.
(3) The centrifuge tube must be symmetrically placed in the casing to prevent the machine from vibrating. If there is only one sample tube, the other should be replaced with water of equal quality.
(4) When starting the centrifuge, the top cover of the centrifuge should be covered before it can be started slowly.
(5) After the separation is over, first turn off the centrifuge. After the centrifuge stops rotating, open the centrifuge cover and take out the sample. Do not use external force to force it to stop.
(6) The centrifugation time is generally 1 to 2 minutes. During this period, the experimenter shall not leave to do other things.
Finally, summarize the classification of centrifuges! As a very common separation instrument in the laboratory, centrifuges can be divided into low-speed centrifuges, high-speed centrifuges, ultra-speed centrifuges, etc. according to the speed; according to the temperature, they can be divided into refrigerated centrifuges and room temperature centrifuges; according to the capacity can be divided into micro centrifuges , Large-capacity centrifuge, ultra-large-capacity centrifuge; according to the shape can be divided into desktop centrifuges, Vertical Centrifuges. The most important thing in using a centrifuge is safety. If the centrifuge is out of control, it will cause a lot of damage! Therefore, pay attention to whether the centrifuge tube is balanced, whether the speed exceeds the setting, whether the rotor is corroded, etc.